3rd – 8th Grade
The time is flying, as students and staff delve into the 2018-2019 school year. We have several great things happening, highlighted for you here!
- Friday folders have been created and are being sent home weekly. These folders are a one-stop location for parents to find student work, permission forms, and other critical information (such as picture day flyers)! Please make sure you take time to look through this information weekly, and sign your child’s folder.
- Students do have homework planners this year! This is where daily homework information will be noted. Similar to last year, students will earn a behavior number for each class throughout the day, noted in their planner. This number quickly summarizes your child’s ability to attend, cooperate and complete work in his/her classes. We use the following four-point scale:
- 4 = Your child worked above and beyond expectations!
- 3 = Your child performed as desired, meeting our PRIDE expectations.
- 2 = Your child did okay, he/she had some minor behavior challenges in class.
- 1 = Your child had significant behavior challenges for that class.
As always, please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns.
Kristen A. Huddleston
Principal, 3rd-8th grades, School for the Deaf
Important Information and Reminders
- December 22-January 8 – NO School – Winter Break
- January 15 – NO School – Martin Luther King, Jr
- January 19 – End of 2nd Quarter/1st Semester
- February 15-16 – Parent Teacher Conferences
- February 19 – NO School – Presidents’ Day
The Penrose Library in downtown Colorado Springs is currently displaying (for the month of November) artwork from CSDB students! There is art on display from all grades (who have had art class this year) and both students who are deaf and student who are blind. I would love to have many students, staff and families visit the art on display! Penrose Library is located at 20 N Cascade Ave, Colorado Springs, CO 80903 and is open Monday –Thursday 9am-9pm, Friday – Saturday 10am – 6pm and Sunday 1pm-5pm (holiday hours may vary). For those who are unable to attend in person I have included a couple of photos. I hope to add a few more pieces of art this weekend as well.
Also I have sent 6 wonderful pieces of artwork to the Colorado Association of School Boards (CASB) for their annual conference in December. This year they have turned the art display into an art competition. Good luck for those talented students who have had their art submitted!
K-12 Art Teacher