7th – 12th Grade
We are almost to the 4th quarter, which starts on April 8th. It’s hard to believe that the end of the school year is in-sight! I want to remind you that state testing will take place from April 2nd-16th. Students will be testing on different dates throughout that window. It is critical students be in school, well rested and ready to do their best work.
April 8th is also our 145th birthday, here at CSDB. Students will participate in a short assembly to review our school’s vast history and share in this celebration. Additionally, on May 22nd we will have a special performance highlighting the history of CSDB. Students from the School for the Deaf and the School for the Blind are involved in this performance. Be on the lookout for additional information.
Our spring track events are underway! We would love to see you at these meets, if you can come and support our athletes.
Graduation day is May 31st. Our seniors will finish up their academic classes on May 23rd, with senior week activities occurring May 28-30th. Additional information will be sent out.
As a reminder, our Accountability meetings occur the first Wednesday of each month, from 3:45-4:45pm. Again, your involvement is encouraged and valued.
The last day of school will be June 13th. The second semester awards program will start at 11:30am with the BBQ open from 11:15am-1pm. We will be highlighting student achievements for the school year and look forward to the opportunity to celebrate with you!
Principal, School for the Deaf 7th-12th grades
Please check for important information posted on the Upcoming Events tab.
Important Information and Reminders
- May 23 – Last Academic Day for Seniors
- May 24 – No School – School Closed
- May 27 – No School – Memorial Day
- May 28-30 – Senior Week
- May 31 – Senior Graduation
- June 13 – End of 4th Quarter – Last day of School for students
Two CSDB senior students in the School for the Deaf, DuChea High and Rose Longbine, were invited to play on the USADB’s High School All-Star basketball game in April. It was a great experience for them to meet other Deaf students from other Deaf schools. It was an opportunity for great personal growth for each of them. These students were model representatives of our Bulldog P.R.I.D.E. for this event!
We would like to announce the addition of several new members to our School for the Deaf team. Please help us to welcome these new Bulldogs! 😊
- Allison Marcino = Allison is joining us from New Jersey. She will be teaching English/Language Arts to our 7th-12th grade students.
- Carolyn Scott = Carolyn is from Texas. She will also be teaching English/Language Arts.
- Jaimie Valencia = Jaimie comes to us from California. He will be working with all of the School for the Deaf students, in Physical Education.
- Bryan Zigler = Bryan is a native Coloradoan. He worked at CSDB last year, as a long-term substitute in our Family Centered Early Education program. He will be transitioning to working with our older students, in the areas of math and science.