7th – 12th Grade
We are off to a great start this school year! The focus continues to be on students reaching identified growth goals. In pursuit of this objective, we are piloting a tutoring class second quarter. This class is identified for students who need additional assistance and time in comprehending and completing class work.
We were able to meet with several families for parent-teacher conferences and recent IEPs! Parents and families are always invited to come and discuss how we can help students be successful.
We just finished our fall athletic season, consisting of football and volleyball. Our teams did a fabulous job and showed perseverance and a positive attitude! The winter athletic season is starting, which includes basketball and wrestling. Please come and watch our students as they participate in these events.
Principal, School for the Deaf 7th-12th grades
Please check for important information posted on the Upcoming Events tab.
Important Information and Reminders
- December 5, 2018 – Accountability Meeting 3:45-4:45PM
- December 19, 2018 – Winter Wonderland Roller skating event ~ Skate City 6:30-8:30PM (Location Change)
- December 21-January 7 – No School ~ Winter Break
- January 21, 2019 – No School ~ Martin Luther King Day
Tosha Daniels’ biology classes are studying about heredity. They just finished learning about how DNA is our blueprint and how it determines our traits. They did an activity called “A Recipe for Traits”, which allowed them to understand that there are variations in DNA that lead to the inheritance of different traits. The students were given several example DNA strips to determine what traits their dog would get, and then drew their dog based on the given information. They found it hilarious that everyone’s dog looked so different.
We would like to announce the addition of several new members to our School for the Deaf team. Please help us to welcome these new Bulldogs! 😊
- Allison Marcino = Allison is joining us from New Jersey. She will be teaching English/Language Arts to our 7th-12th grade students.
- Carolyn Scott = Carolyn is from Texas. She will also be teaching English/Language Arts.
- Jaimie Valencia = Jaimie comes to us from California. He will be working with all of the School for the Deaf students, in Physical Education.
- Bryan Zigler = Bryan is a native Coloradoan. He worked at CSDB last year, as a long-term substitute in our Family Centered Early Education program. He will be transitioning to working with our older students, in the areas of math and science.