7th – 12th Grade
Welcome to School Year 2018-19!
This year we have several new and exciting changes. We have restructured the School for the Deaf into two departments; preschool through 6th grade and 7th grade through 12th grade. Additionally, we are welcoming several new staff to both teams. All of these changes help us continue our efforts to meet student needs. I am very excited to embrace this new year and all of the successes we have before us!
Principal, School for the Deaf 7th-12th grades
Please check for important information posted on the Upcoming Events tab.
Important Information and Reminders
- October 8 – No School – Columbus Day
- October 19 – End of First Quarter
- October 25 – Picture Day – Retakes
- October 25 – Parent Teacher Conferences (watch for more information)
- October 26 – No School – Professional Development Day
In Bryan Zigler’s Pre-Algebra class, students are learning about different properties within math. Students make a visual tool, writing the definition of each of the math properties, with examples. The goal is to give students a deeper understanding of how a given equation functions in mathematics. At the end of the lesson, each student made a Kahoot game for their peers, demonstrating their understanding of these mathematical properties.
We would like to announce the addition of several new members to our School for the Deaf team. Please help us to welcome these new Bulldogs! 😊
- Allison Marcino = Allison is joining us from New Jersey. She will be teaching English/Language Arts to our 7th-12th grade students.
- Carolyn Scott = Carolyn is from Texas. She will also be teaching English/Language Arts.
- Jaimie Valencia = Jaimie comes to us from California. He will be working with all of the School for the Deaf students, in Physical Education.
- Bryan Zigler = Bryan is a native Coloradoan. He worked at CSDB last year, as a long-term substitute in our Family Centered Early Education program. He will be transitioning to working with our older students, in the areas of math and science.